Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker
Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker$80-$100
- Includes a set of 4-slice Belgian waffle plates and a 4-slot pancake plate
- Nonstick coated removable plates-dishwasher safe
- Six setting temperature control
- Ready to Bake/Ready to Eat indicator lights; audible alert
- Brushed stainless steel top cover; upright storage; tongs and recipe book included
Dual Purpose Breakfast Appliance
I bought the Cuisinart waffle maker with Pancake Plates to replace my 5 year old waffle maker. It was within my price range, which means that it is really inexpensive (I don’t like to overspend for countertop appliances). I’ve been using this waffle iron every day for about six months now. It’s been performing according to expectations.
In my books, if an appliance can be used daily and it works each and every time then it must be a good machine. In my experience the WAF-300 definitely works as advertised.
Who is It Suited For?
In my honest opinion, the Cuisinart model WAF-300 is a good appliance. It is best suited for people who are looking for an inexpensive waffle iron that makes regular sized waffles. Plese note that this unit makes “regular” size waffles. They’re about the size of a regular sandwich (please check my downsides section below). If that is a bit too small for you or if you’re looking for that authentic “Belgian” size waffle then the WAF-300 may not meet your expectations.
- JUST THE RIGHT SIZE WAFFLES: My Cuisinart waffle iron makes four inch waffles. I know that some people may think that they’re a bit small (some may even think that they’re too big!) but they’re just right for me. If you like this size of waffles/pancakes then the WAF-300 is the right one for you. It has an 8 inch total cooking surface.
- NO OVERBAKED WAFFLES: The beep/warning sounds are one of my favorite things about this Belgian waffle maker. The kitchen is one of the craziest places in our house. Even though I end up multi-tasking in the kitchen, I never overcook my waffles. The warning sounds usually ring loud and clear to grab my attention and make me switch off the waffle iron.
- EASY CLEAN UP: I have always found that clean up is never an issue for this Cuisinart waffle appliance. The removable plates are a big bonus. I can just remove them when I’m done making pancakes or waffles, brush off some of the crumbs if any, and then toss them into the dishwasher. And that’s the toughest part of the cleaning job.
- The dimensions of this waffle maker are as follows: 9.6″ x 12.2″ x 6.3″. It weighs 8.2 pounds. Cooking surface is non-stick. Top cover is made of stainless steel.
- This waffle iron comes with 2 sets of plates (one for making waffles, one for making pancakes). Plates are removable and are dishwasher safe.
- This unit comes with indicator lights and alert tones. The package includes tongs and a recipe book.
- It also has six temperature settings to add variety in the Belgian waffle recipes that you can make.
I think this waffle maker is a really good product in its price range. It has a couple of minor drawbacks though. First of these downsides is that it has no auto shut-off feature. The warning sounds are useful but it would have been more useful if the appliance would shut off at the same time.
The other downside, as mentioned above, is that the waffles may be a bit small for some people. Despite these two issues, I still think that the Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker is a pretty good appliance given its price.