Chef’s Choice Traditional Waffle Maker Review
ScrapeAZon could not connect to Amazon or was otherwise unable to retrieve data from Amazon. Please check your Internet connectivity, your ScrapeAZon settings, your country code, and your shortcode configuration.
Chef's Choice 830-SE WafflePro Traditional Five-of-Hearts Waffle Maker$45-$120
- Nonstick waffle maker bakes heart-shaped waffles in less than 90 seconds
- Quad baking system for custom texture and color; fast temperature recovery
- Browning-control knob; unique
- Special-edition lid; indicator lights; cord storage; recipes included
- Measures approximately 12 by 12-4/5 by 5-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Affordable Heart Shaped Waffles
My Chef’s Choice WafflePro is probably the best cheap waffle makers I have ever owned. I bought a couple of these kinds of waffle irons that only worked a week. This is the first one that has ever lasted me for several months. I have tried different waffle recipes and they all tasted great.
The other thing I like about the 830-SE is that it’s very easy to clean. It’s simple to use and really easy to clean. I usually clean it up after I’m done feasting on my favorite waffle recipes. Clean up only takes a couple of minutes.
Who is It Suited For?
If you’re looking for a cheap waffle maker that works then this one comes highly recommended from me. It looks kind of cheaply made but don’t let that fool you. It makes great waffles. It’s not like those other cheap models that only make pancakes that have textured surfaces.
- CAN YOU SAY IDIOT PROOF: I only use simple and really waffle maker recipes. I don’t like complicated stuff and I sure don’t like complicated appliances. When I say that this waffle iron is idiot proof, I mean it in the best of ways; coming from someone who doesn’t dabble in technical stuff.
- CUTE AND TASTY WAFFLE HEARTS: I like cute heart shaped waffles. I read several waffle iron reviews and compared the best (and worst) from different manufacturers I have found on the internet. The looks and the taste of the waffles basically won me over.
- CONSISTENT OUTPUT: I have been using this WafflePro for almost a year now and it makes quality waffles consistently. The waffles come out evenly cooked every single time. I also like the fact that they come out even whether you prefer thick (aka fat waffles) or skinny waffles. The beep sounds help me avoid burning the day’s breakfast.
- This unit makes heart shaped traditional waffles. The cooking surface has a non-stick coating.
- The dimensions of this waffle maker are as follows: 10.8” x 11.8” x 4”. It weighs only 4.8 pounds. It is covered by a limited one year warranty.
- Each waffle is evenly cooked via a patented floating hinge design. Another unique feature of this unit is its browning control knob and beep sounds to signal the user when the waffles are ready.
- This unit can make waffles in 90 seconds or less. It also features fast temperature recovery.
I think this is one of the best traditional waffle maker models I have seen. It is inexpensive so the price of this countertop appliance shouldn’t be an issue. Other than looking like a cheaply constructed waffle maker, it also has another downside I feel you should know about.
It does get really hot if you don’t keep an eye on it. You should pay attention to its beeps. Make sure to remove the waffles when the unit beeps or else you end up burning your waffles. I learned that the hard way. Other than those minor issues, I still think the Chef’s Choice Five-of-Hearts Waffle Maker is a really good product for its price.