Chef’s Choice Classic Waffle Maker Review
Chef’s Choice Classic Waffle Maker$80-$100
- Nonstick waffle maker bakes Belgian waffles in less than 90 seconds
- Quad baking system for custom texture and color; fast temperature recovery
- Browning-control knob; unique
- Special-edition lid; indicator lights; cord storage; recipes included
- Measures approximately 12 by 12-4/5 by 5-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Great Waffle Maker for Special Recipes
I read a lot of blogs and waffle maker reviews on the internet before buying the WafflePro Classic Belgian Waffle Maker. I think this is the newly improved version of their previous model. I settled on this one because of the price and the many positive feedback from other customers.
Who is It Suited For?
This Belgian waffle maker is best suited for people who are on a budget but need a really good waffle iron. I can say that it’s probably one of the best models for the price (please check the product highlights below to see why I think it’s that good). It does have its flaws but all in all, given its price and quality, I think it’s a product I can highly recommend.
- ARGUABLY THE BEST BUDGET WAFFLE IRON: This Chef’s Choice makes good waffles. It may not make genuine Belgian waffles (please check my downsides below) but given the price and the quality of the waffles it makes, I must admit that it’s really impressive.
- WAFFLES THAT DON’T STICK TO THE PLATE: I use a tricky Belgian waffle recipe that tends to be a bit sticky. That’s also how I can tell a good waffle iron from a bad one. If my recipe sticks to the hot plate then the iron isn’t good, it’s not going to last given my standards. The waffles don’t stick to the WafflePro – end of story.
- COOKS WAFFLES UNDER 2 MINUTES: Some waffle makers take a little longer to make waffles. This one bakes them in less than 2 minutes. I can make a huge batch in a short amount of time. I usually have enough waffles ready before the kids wake up in the morning.
- This Chef’s Choice has the following dimensions: 10.8” x 11.8” x 4”. It weighs 5.2 pounds. It comes with a limited 1-year warranty.
- Model 830B-SE waffle iron has a non-stick surface, browning control, and indicator lights. The package also includes a recipe book.
- It is designed to cook Belgian waffles. It also features an overflow channel.
- This particular model comes with a special edition lid.
The 830B-SE Belgian waffle iron is a good waffle maker. It deserves to be on the top 10 list of any waffle iron ranking. However, it does have a few downsides that customers should be aware of. For instance, the waffles it makes may be thick but they’re not as thick as genuine Belgian waffles.
The waffles it makes are obviously thicker than American-style waffles, so I guess you can say that it’s somewhere in between these two cuisines. If you’re not into really thick Belgian style breakfasts then this is a good option if you want to try waffles that are fatter than usual.
The controls for the crispiness and color of the waffles are okay. But I like mine a little bit browner and a little extra crispy. So, I tend to overcook my waffles a little bit. Despite these small issues, I guess the Chef’s Choice Belgian Waffle Maker gives me a lot of value for my money. It’s a budget waffle iron that will go a long way.